Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

On 11/05/2011 05:51 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:

> So far, I don't see advantages to switch to Firefox. Of course, if
> the benchmarks show a real difference, I may reconsider my opinion.

Tom's Hardware regularly benchmarks browsers, but sadly only under
Windows and OS X.  The relevant page (Memory Efficiency) for a recent
test is at:

  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-7-web-browser,3037-14.html

If (and this is a big IF) these results are similar to those in Lubuntu
on low-RAM machines, it might indeed be time to rethink use of Chromium.

Does anyone on the list have the experience, willingness and time to run
some documented and repeatable benchmarks of Chromium and FF7 under
Lubuntu in low RAM machines for us?

Jonathan