Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

I have a P4 PC with 512MB RAM but I can drop that to 256.
I'm ready for such tests ;)

Also, I think it's important to ask the users to vote for that, not only
us. I can start a thread on Ubuntu Forum but I need to hear first from
Julien and others about that.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 11/05/2011 05:51 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:
>
> > So far, I don't see advantages to switch to Firefox. Of course, if
> > the benchmarks show a real difference, I may reconsider my opinion.
>

> Tom's Hardware regularly benchmarks browsers, but sadly only under
> Windows and OS X.  The relevant page (Memory Efficiency) for a recent
> test is at:
>
>  http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firefox-7-web-browser,3037-14.html
>
> If (and this is a big IF) these results are similar to those in Lubuntu
> on low-RAM machines, it might indeed be time to rethink use of Chromium.
>
> Does anyone on the list have the experience, willingness and time to run
> some documented and repeatable benchmarks of Chromium and FF7 under
> Lubuntu in low RAM machines for us?
>
> Jonathan

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *