Minimal Install Problem

Hi Everyone,

I'm, trying to resurrect an old Sony Vaio PCG-9401.  This thing is an old
Windose ME machine that came with AMD processor, 12GB hard drive and 64mb
of RAM.  I had a 128mb stick of pc-100 so I dropped that in to bring the
RAM up to 192mb.  I installed Lubuntu using the mini.iso.  It took a while
but the install completed.

The problem is that after rebooting the system I get the following message:

vt596_smbus 0000:00:07.4: SMBUS: Error: Host SMBus controller not enabled!
- upgrade BIOS or use force=1

After that, the Lubuntu splash screen is briefly displayed and then the
screen goes blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim