Re: Minimal Install Problem

On 11/17/2011 04:49 AM, Tim Bernhard wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm, trying to resurrect an old Sony Vaio PCG-9401. This thing is an old Windose ME machine that came with AMD processor, 12GB hard drive and 64mb of RAM. I had a 128mb stick of pc-100 so I dropped that in to bring the RAM up to 192mb. I installed Lubuntu using the mini.iso. It took a while but the install completed.

The problem is that after rebooting the system I get the following message:

vt596_smbus 0000:00:07.4: SMBUS: Error: Host SMBus controller not enabled! - upgrade BIOS or use force=1

After that, the Lubuntu splash screen is briefly displayed and then the screen goes blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim