Re: Some considerations about the Precise theme

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:39:40 +0000
Michael Rawson <michaelrawson76@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Besides, green would look like Mint LXDE. I think black is a good thing, but that's me.

I like green as well but, suse also use it as their corporate colours.  Black also looks nice , CrunchBang Linux shows how well this works.  We could of cause go community orange :)
The problem with green or black themes, is they often don't look good on old CRT monitors.  Whereas blue appears to look OK even when the gamma settings are somewhat adrift.  From the users I have dealt with over the years, blue themes tend not to create any real reaction - of love or hate - that black or green themes can.

Stick with blue, the themes we've had so far have all been very pleasant and usable even though I'm not a real fan of blue, it doesn't annoy me like some colours.

--
Yorvyk