Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

No, it means that the CPus need to have support for PAE, it's independent of the memory.
Also, the range of hardware affected is not so clear, see the thread on ubuntu-devel. I already answered that depending of the list of hardware affected, it could be a big support drop for Lubuntu.