Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

On 11/18/2011 05:43 PM, Jared Norris wrote:

> So to this end, my question is, is there a simple command people can
> run to see if their CPU can run PAE kernels? I would have thought if
> "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep pae" would not give any output if the CPUs
> weren't capable? I'm not an expert so just wanting to confirm.

That works, but is inelegant.  You win a "UUOC" award, see
http://partmaps.org/era/unix/award.html <grin>!

My suggested equivalent (but shorter, clearer and more efficient)
command would be

  grep pae /proc/cpuinfo

Jonathan