Re: Fw: Dropping i386 non-PAE as a supported kernel flavour in Precise Pangolin

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 11:43:32 +1000
Jared Norris <jrnorris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So to this end, my question is, is there a simple command people can
> run to see if their CPU can run PAE kernels? I would have thought if
> "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep pae" would not give any output if the CPUs
> weren't capable? I'm not an expert so just wanting to confirm. That
> way, instead of just complaining we can request users run this, see if
> they will be affected and report back. We can then generate a team
> stance and report back to the Ubuntu developers with some real data.
That's sound like a good plan, to be able to gather more information. I hope this support will not be dropped for 12.04, it will give us some time, until 12.10 when they will ask the same question for this support ...

Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>