From: Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-solano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Starting once more
To: ubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Javier,

thanks for your email. Nice to see other fellow Spanish collaborator in
the list (apart from the ones I already knew :)!

Regarding the blueprints, we normally put them together before UDS and
discuss them there. For those of you who weren't there, this is the
overall strategy we presented for the coming two years. It is only very
clear for the next six months and we will be defining together the
coming cycles as we get closer and see what we have achieved:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/Strategy

As per the definition of test case, that is my mistake, I should have
pointed to the exact same public page in the wiki (I will change that in
the blueprint):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/TestCase

As you can see the blueprints more or less match what is explained in
the strategy, some of them have tasks that we also need to do due to the
lab requiring updates, etc. that are not necessarily there.

This cycle is all about enabling the developers and engineering teams do
their job better. Next one will be about adding more test cases
(increasing the coverage) to our test suites.

As I said, I will try to put a list of tasks together for Monday, where
people can choose the ones they like from the ones we have available and
are doing in those blueprints. Things keep coming up and we keep adding
more things to the blueprints as we go along. One thing you could do is
express your interest in one blueprint or another and we can match tasks
with people's levels of expertise or get the people with less experience
to collaborate with the more experienced ones.

We can also look into the minimal CDs testing if you want, but at the
moment we are going to focus on getting right the ISOs we have
available, before expanding into new things.

More info to come soon,
Gema

--
Gema Gomez-Solano        <gema.gomez-solano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>