Re: Differentiating between logged in users (was: Re: Me again :) )

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks a lot for your reply but neither myself nor that user are looking
for something like that :)

Myself and the other user are looking for something exactly the same as
Ubuntu 10.04. I managed to add that on Lubuntu 11.04 but got some problems
and when I rebooted, it's gone. On 11.10, I can't add it because
"indicator-me" package is NO longer available on the repositories and when
I added the PPA, I got an error message (old or removed package).

Thanks again :)

P.S.
Some bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-session/+bug/500053
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/819528

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 12/17/2011 12:59 PM, amjjawad HOOHAA wrote:
>
> > ... there are 3 different users are using the same PC and they want
> > something to display the name of the current logged in user beside a
> > feature to switch to another user.
>

> Sounds like all they really need is a way to tell each login from the
> others.
>
> A simple solution is to set each users desktop preferences to use a
> different desktop wallpaper; which user is logged in will then be pretty
> clear from the look of the screen.  For example, if you have three
> users, you can set each of them to use one of
>
>  /usr/share/lxde/wallpapers/lxde_blue.jpg
>  /usr/share/lxde/wallpapers/lxde_green.jpg
>  /usr/share/lxde/wallpapers/lxde_red.jpg
>
> The difference between those is pretty obvious.  Each user will soon
> recognize "their own" colour of wallpaper.
>
> If you want to get fancy, use mtpaint to edit some wallpapers that have
> the user's names on them, and then use those custom wallpapers, a
> different one for each user :)
>
> [You can set the wallpaper by right-clicking on the desktop, clicking on
> "Desktop Preferences", and then clicking on the folder icon to the right
> of the "Wallpaper: field in the Appearance tab of the Desktop
> Preferences window. ]
>
> Jonathan

Best Regards,

*amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> |
My Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words ||** ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short*