Re: Lubuntu 12.04 Alpha 1 Testing

Hi Lance,

Finally I can tell who is* kansasnoob* :)

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw it before (but honestly did not read it
all) and I just read it now.

One thing I'm in doubt about it:
I have Lubuntu 12.04 installed and it's up and running. I have done all the
updates and upgrades (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11559293&postcount=23) and now, I
want to use "zsync" that I already installed. *From my understanding to all
this, I just need to do this*:

zsync
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/20111222/precise-desktop-i386.iso.zsync

>From Terminal and that is all, right?

Now, as per your post that you mentioned (
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11334389&postcount=4) and as per
this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ZsyncCdImage ... "zsync" will NOT
update the installed system but will update the previously downloaded iso
so that you'll get the LATEST Daily Image and then you just need to burn a
CD and Install all over again, right? I just need to double check and make
sure we are in the same page :)

Now, another doubt: What's the point from all the above if I do:

sudo apt-get upgrade

and

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Isn't that enough?

Sorry of my questions are so silly but I'm very new in testing. Last time I
tested Lubutnu 11.10 Beta 2 and that was for 10 days or more so didn't
learn much stuff at that time. I'm very much willing to learn and
understand more at the moment.

Thank you in advance and I wish whatever I do will help Lubuntu and Lubuntu
Users. Yes, I know I did nothing yet but I'm doing my best.

Regards,
amjjawad/A.J