Re: Minimal Install issue in Wiki

As you know, before we were adopted, we only had 'home spun' disks...

The "Full On" Ubiquity was always to be the official one, but not a great
deal of help for lower spec computers. The argument did go up as to why
they botched a bug by requiring 2 X Ram instead of simply putting your
patch in. You do not know how much this idiotic 'fix' caused, but we were
not adopted at that point and could not log it as a regression. Since then
the bug has remained, it does, Jared, really grate me as it was such a
simple fix to bloody make and get Ubiquity running at a decent speed.

To keep the peace, we were told to accept the alternate iso which does not
require Ubiquity. As the Canonical team are now also trying to build PPC /
Mac-Intel / ARM etc. I do ask what are the more important cases for the
kernel team and also the QA / Testing team to prioritise?

Julien has already made it quite clear that any group that wish support for
a particular chip set.... Get a testing team together & we will do it. No
decent testing team == no support. Oh, does this sound backwards?... Until
we have people to test, we simply cannot test... So go get your friends.

@ QA - do tell me where I am wrong in terms of bodies to test.