Re: [Lxde-list] About lxpanel2

If your "object oriented" refers to the programming language, I'm using
Vala now, which is a OO language built on top of GObject/C runtime. The
language itself is OO. This, however, does not mean that the program
written in it will be OO.
I'm not a fan of "making everything an object" approach. No single
programming style is best for all cases.
Using too much OO stuff in GObject will create extra overhead as its type
system is all created at runtime.
Type-casting and virtual function calls sometimes requires looking up in
tables. Signal emission in GObject/C
is also very inefficient, too. So basically, I'd avoid "unnecessary" OO
whenever possible.

If the term "object oriented" here refers to making everything on the
desktop an object, that's a totally different thing and is not related to
language used.