Re: LSC and Dependencies Talk

Hello everyone,

Firstly the discussion at hand: the MAIN reason why LSC was created is
because USC is VERY heavyweight. While still having a similar simplified
interface for installing software, it boots a lot faster. Secondly is
Synaptic not the most intuitive way to install software. Showing a lot of
technical (libs etc) between some of the packages you might want to
install, LSC solves this by only showing the packages one would want to
install and with a preview readily available. So it's not a means to only
show packages "designed" for Lubuntu afaik.

Thirdly this is a mainly a discussion in how LSC *could* or *should*
preform, not about the wiki. When you guys have made a decision on what
should be put on the wiki, please cc the wiki list. I could have the wiki
group make a page about installing software in Lubuntu, referring to
packages that depend on libs not included by default and what the impact
could be, but their might already be a page about that on the "main" wiki
which we could refer to.

ACTION WIKI: find a page on the wiki about installing software not aimed at
a certain DE. E.g. installing ktouch inside Lubuntu, hopefully with system
impact. If that page doesn't exists create one. Please reply if there isn't
a page on the wiki before creating a new page. This is to keep me
up-to-date.

With metta, Chris

P.S.: Ali, you used the "old" lubuntu list, which will be deprecated
shortly. I've cc'd the new list.