From: UH <uhtlmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Paul Gorski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: PhillW <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>; lubuntu-qa <lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Feb 26, 2012 5:48 pm
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Lubuntu 12.04 ppc: no b43legacy support on live-cd

Thanks for all that infos. And i understand the situation pretty well,
i hope . . .

My only point is, that some time ago, i was able to get into the
internet booting from an ubuntu live-cd (9.10 or so) - and i didn't
have a wlanstick only the internal broadcom 4306 - but in some way the
cd did (i think by the option: you need a proprietarian driver -
translating from german here ;-) - with the help of jockey-gtk). Btw,
at those time i didn't go ubuntu since the cd drive was not supported
absolutely while in debian it was.

If there is no chance to provide an easy way to connect to the net
*FROM* the live-cd, which is in some way a must to do the installation
and if it's not asking too much, i'd say a nice how to for an average
mac user how to work around would be an excellent thing