Precise Beta 1 Test: Intel Celeron 366 MHz CPU, 128 MB DDR RAM, 6.5 GB PATA HDD

Hi all,

I just finished installing Lubuntu Precise Beta 1 on a Dell Inspiron 3500
with the above specs using the i386 Alternate Install.

The Guided - Entire Disk install was textbook. Took about two or three
hours, I forget.

The laptop doesn't have built-in Ethernet or Wireless hardware, so I have a
wireless PCMCIA card in it. Turns out the boot freezes somewhere before X
even starts when I have it plugged in. Once I removed it though it booted
up fine. Freezes every time I plug it in too. Didn't happen when I had Arch
installed though.

Took maybe a minute or a minute and a half to get to an idle desktop. I
didn't get the "indexing", high disk usage thing Alan did. Disk usage
stopped about 10 seconds after I logged in.

Application Testing:

PCManFM: Like a champ :)

LXTerminal: Perfectly usable, if a bit slow.

Leafpad: Perfectly usable, if a bit slow.

Abiword: There's a 1-2 second lag when typing. Slow but usable, if you're a
patient kind of person :)

Gnumeric: A little slow, but perfectly usable.

Chromium: Usable, but slow. First time I opened it the whole system became
completely unresponsive, but after I closed it and relaunched it I could
navigate around the settings and a few tabs reasonably well. Keep in mind
though that I don't have internet on this computer so I can't do a full
test.

-Steven

Follow ups