Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] System Requirements

Hi,

I can confirm that:

1-  http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11832431&postcount=152
Mini ISO + lubuntu-core + lxdm + wicd = the above result.
It's a 1999 or 1998 old laptop which is broken if you can see it already
and it has the lowest hardware specifications that I could manage to get
[366MHz P2 with 64MB RAM and 4GB HDD].

2- On P4 with less than 256MB of RAM, I have done many Lubuntu Installation
from the LiveCD and/or LiveUSB which is NOT alternate NOT Mini ISO so the
graphical installation will work under 256MB BUT VERY SLOW.

3- Never played with the alternate because I've never had to do so.

If you need more information, I'm here.

Thanks!

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hiyas folks,
>
> as 12.04 is rapidly creeping up on us, we need to prep up
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu and our description
> of what the minimal specs are for running lubuntu on all the architectures.
>
> What is needed is the minimal specifications to:
>
> 1) Install via Desktop (Graphical) system
> 2) Install via Alternate system
> 3) To run Lubuntu 12.04 at a reasonable speed (Minimal Install)
>
> For each of the following:
>
> i686 (32 Bit)
> AMD64 (64 Bit)
> PowerPC (G series)
> IntelMac
>

> @ Chris, I can only think of using the format of
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/Documentation/MinimalInstall to
> cover all the options that are thrown up with our new family members. It's
> for you to make it all look good :) I've updated
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu to the best
> I can, feel free to go and have a 'play'.
>
> @Julien, can you fill in some of the gaps on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu , as and
> when you get some time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

*Best Regards,
amjjawad*
Lubuntu Support Team Co-ordinator
Lubuntu Communication Team Administrator
Lubuntu One Stop Thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Wiki Page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> | My
Launchpad<https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad>| My
Ubuntu Forum Profile <http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>