Re: [Lubuntu-wiki-docs] System Requirements

Le 04/21/2012 10:57 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) a écrit :
> 1-  http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11832431&postcount=152
> <http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11832431&postcount=152>
> Mini ISO + lubuntu-core + lxdm + wicd = the above result.
> It's a 1999 or 1998 old laptop which is broken if you can see it
> already and it has the lowest hardware specifications that I could
> manage to get [366MHz P2 with 64MB RAM and 4GB HDD].
Please note that we support mainly lubuntu-core + lightdm +
network-manager, because we used them on the Desktop ISO. Of course
using lxdm + wicd is supposed to work, but we didn't test it very well
during the cycle.

> 2- On P4 with less than 256MB of RAM, I have done many Lubuntu
> Installation from the LiveCD and/or LiveUSB which is NOT alternate NOT
> Mini ISO so the graphical installation will work under 256MB BUT VERY
> SLOW.
You are lucky :) I tried on Virtualbox with 384 Mb and it crashed during
the installation. I think we can mention that using live ISO is safe on
512 Mb, but may work under less memory. If there is any problems, people
should use alternate ISO.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne