Re: System Requirements

On 4/21/12 9:27 PM, Steve wrote:
> It took nearly 3 hours to install from both live CD and the alt CD
> on both the MAc and the PII.  I just wanted to know what could be
> done with out resorting to the Minimal CD method.

I hear that.  Also, about 1 out of 4 or 5 times, something goes wrong
with the CD during usage and even though it was verified after the burn,
then target machine stops reading it correctly.  That necessitates
starting over.

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:05 Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> If you could give some idea of how long the GUI install took, as Lars
> said it ran slowly on his test rig. It's just so I can get some idea
> as to when to recommend people to use the alternate install.

On the weaker of the two G4 I have at the moment, the graphical/live
install takes about 55 minutes.  On an IntelCore2, the graphical/live
install takes about 35 minutes.  YMMV.

/Lars