Re: me

Le 05/13/2012 03:20 PM, Phill Whiteside a écrit :
> It was great to see Lubuntu get here, but I cannot accept the fact
> that members of lubuntu who decide on something are over-ruled,
> we may as well be a dictatorship - which you have said we are in your
> previous email about the members of lubuntu voting.
>
> I wish you and your regieme every success and hope that you sleep easy
> at night knowing that you totally dis-regard votes
> that do not fit into the results you were expecting.
Well, you extended what I said. My concern was on the way the "physical
ressources" (I mean money, hardware etc ...) are handle. Mario found
funding to host lubuntu.net, and some people of the community wanted to
hijack it from him. I considered it unfair, and not realistic. I never
talk about the content of the website, which was (I think), decided in a
democratic way.

I think you are really unfair, I always try to publicly communicate on
what I do, why I want to do, and to listen people. In this case, I have
to handle a conclict between 2 sides. Of course, 1 side will be
disagree, I can't avoid it. Add to this that this discussion was near
final freeze, time when I really stressful, and you have this type of
answer, which I agree, is a bit rough.

I maintain that, even in Free Software, it's not always a democraty.
Look at all big projects, there are rules, release managers, deadline
... Look at the Linux project, Linus Torvalds have a huge power, not
everyone have the right to push changes to the kernel ... Still, I think
we are trying to be have democratic as we can.

If you are disagree with the way the project is handle, you can ask for
a discussion on the mailing list. I can resign from my dictatorship hat,
and focus on my dev hat (I join the project for this at the beginning)
for the time of the discussion, the way we have to handle the governance
of the project.

If your point is only the way the lubuntu.net is hosted, this is another
topic. We can discuss moving the hosting to someone else, but it has to
be on a dedicated topic on the mailing list, to avoid confusion with the
content of the website, and let all people explain themselves.

I hope I clarify my point of view.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne