From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] What can we do about abiword in Quantal?
To: "Phill Whiteside" <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: lubuntu-qa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Julien Lavergne" <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 12:33 PM

    Yes, I just had a chat with some folks
      from the SRU team.. Indeed, this should be handled as an SRU.
      However, in order to meet requirements the update must not cause
      any regressions or add any new features. In essence, it must
      simply fix the bug in question and change nothing else. By default
      a stock upstream version of the codebase doesn't meet those
      requirements.

      Specific to this issue, it appears like the fixes need to be
      picked from a newer version and applied to the version ubuntu
      shipped with. Then that package can go through the SRU process and
      get in. Make sense?

      Nicholas