From: Joseph Salisbury <joseph.salisbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 August 2012 20:44
Subject: Minutes from the Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting, 2012-08-28
To: ubuntu-news-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/**2012/08/28/%23ubuntu-meeting.**txt|IRC<http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/08/28/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt%7CIRC>Log
of the meeting.]]
[[http://voices.canonical.com/**kernelteam|Meeting<http://voices.canonical.com/kernelteam%7CMeeting>minutes.]]

== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues>,
28 Aug, 2012|20120828 Meeting Agenda]]

=== ARM Status  ===
 No new update this week.

=== Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs  ===
 Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following
link:
http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kt-meeting.txt>

=== Milestone Targeted Work Items  ===
 || apw         || hardware-q-kernel-config-**review || 3 work item  ||
 ||             || hardware-q-kernel-delta-review  || 3 work items ||
 ||             || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
 ||             || desktop-q-clean-old-kernels     || 1 work item ||
 || cking       || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
 || ogasawara   || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 4 work items ||
 || tgardner    || hardware-q-kernel-misc          || 1 work item  ||
 If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items.

 We've recently uploaded the 3.5.0-13.13 Quantal kernel to the release
 pocket.  This upload most notably provides a rebase to the v3.5.3
 upstream stable release.  This was also uploaded to the q-lts-backport
 [1] PPA to help facilitate testing of the 12.10 kernel in 12.04.  We
 welcome anyone to please install, test, and let us know your feedback.
 [1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-**x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport<https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/q-lts-backport>
 Note that we are 2 days away from Beta-1 Freeze and ~1 week away from
 Beta-1 intself.  I do not foresee any further uploads before Thursday,
 ie. Beta-1 Freeze.  If there are any critical fixes which need to land,
 we need to know now.  Any uploades after Beta-1 Freeze will require
 approval from the release team.
 Important upcoming dates:
  * Thurs Aug 30 - Beta 1 Freeze (2 days)
  * Thurs Sept 6 - Beta 1 (~1 week)

 == 2012-08-28 (weekly) ==
 Currently we have 88 CVEs on our radar, with two CVEs added and two CVEs
retired this week.
 See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html>
 Overall the backlog has decreased slightly this week:
http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/status/cve-metrics.txt>
http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/CVE-linux.txt>

Precise/Oneiric/Natty/Lucid/**Hardy  ===
 Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (August 28):
  * Hardy - Nothing in this cycle
  * Lucid - In Testing; 3 CVEs; (6 commits)
  * Natty - Ready for -updates; 1 CVEs; (4 commits)
  * Oneiric - In Testing; 1 CVEs; 2 upstream stable release(s); (98 commits)
  * Precise - In Testing; 0 CVEs; 3 upstream stable release(s); (167
commits)

 Current opened tracking bugs details:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/reports/kernel-sru-**workflow.html<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/kernel-sru-workflow.html>

 For SRUs, SRU report is a good source of information:
  * http://people.canonical.com/~**kernel/reports/sru-report.html<http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/reports/sru-report.html>

 Future stable cadence cycles:
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/**QuantalQuetzal/**ReleaseInterlock<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseInterlock>

 NOTE: next week is the week the last Natty kernel will be built.

=== Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized  ===
 No open discussion.

 <http://www.thesii.org> *Synthetic Intellect Institute*
Mr. Phill Whiteside, Server Admin
*One Vision, One Purpose*  ------------------------------