Beta 1 QA release

Hi guys & gals,

maybe that should read 'lack of Beta 1 QA release'... Yes, something got
very very broken. As it is an extended holiday in USA, it could not have
fallen at a worse time.

I'm a firm believer in Bad news first, followed by Good news :)

Bad News:

To give some idea as to how bad things happened, one of the re spins is on
.7 (Yes, that is 7 re spins in the same day). I have refrained from nagging
the -release team as the last thing they need is me distracting them. I'm
sure a post-mortum will be held, but that is for another day.

The -release team are working really hard to get the iso's back up. In
fairness, a lot of this is not their fault so please don't blame them.

I appreciate that not knowing what is going on can be frustrating; to that
end can I remind you good people that we are allowed to log onto the pad
area [1] on pain of death that we do NOT do edits. That area gives you the
most up to date information as to what is happening.

Good News:

The bugs from previous spins are now carried over as 'be aware' section.
That is actually no mean feat and addresses one of the major complaints
that have been raised about re spins wiping out all previous bug reports.
[2]

Thanks,

Phill.

1. http://pad.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-release