Re: ppc bugs - Desktop Beta 1

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 04:25:32 +0200
Arild Lindseth <arild.lindseth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How should I go about trouble shooting and collecting useful info? I can
> not make the G4 iBook install at all, neither Beta 1, or daily build. It
> should in theory be able to run both Ubuntu and Lubuntu. In the latest
> daily I could not even launch a working terminal.

well obviously you need to file a bug on ubiquity. first, you should check whether or not it's a duplicate of something else. for that, you need to know the exact symptoms you are experiencing. then you should go check and see if you find them already. if they're there, add to that report. otherwise you need to add a new one, again being specific as possible. unfortunately, not having a terminal is going to limit you somewhat. but that may be a bug right there. what happens when you do whatever you try to do to get to the terminal? have you tried virtual terminals? have you tried using run → lxterminal? let's not forget you can just open a browser and get to launchpad to report the bug. but you have to be specific. this is the only way we can get to the bottom of things. knowing the symptoms will help us figure out what additional info we need. and then we can get it fixed!

might want to check this out for some general advice:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

wxl