Re: PPC - Beta 1 Alternate

Have followed the discussion on this Phill and will continue to do so. These types of issues simultaneously fascinate me and drive me crazy.

There is another more up-to-date solution which seems to be less machine-specific.

It requires the creation of a file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

called 10-monitor.conf

Details are described at:
http://samuelmartin.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/enabling-resolutions-in-ubuntu-12-04-lubuntu-12-04/

Tried it, and it cleared up the problem here on my eMac G4. Before trying it, I had intentionally deleted my old and trusty xorg.conf file from /etc/X11

Ron Mitchell