[PPC] bug regression?

i just tried today's (20120920) daily, shrinking the iso (removing the unnecessary [in my case, 64-bit] kernel and root filesystem). md5 worked great, process went fine (working on rewriting it to be done on an os x system btw but that's another story), booted good, used live-nosplash. unfortunately i got stopped at the busybox prompt after receiving the symptoms found here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+source/linux/+bug/1006427
can anyone confirm this? despite looking in the faq (ahem) i couldn't find any other advice to help me past this, but did i miss something?
wxl

Follow ups