Re: (PPC) Latest Radeon Kernel Bug

hey i can add to this you might also want to double check that your md5sums match up.

so really the process to get a cd should be with a little linux magic that you can put in a file, mark excecutable, and run as a script (note the warning if you have more than one cdrom), passing "alternate" or "desktop" as the parameter, e.g. ./foobar alternate:

#!/bin/bash

# make sure we have arguments and decide which iso to use
case $1 in
desktop)
	zsync_url="http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/quantal-desktop-powerpc.iso.zsync";
	iso_filename="quantal-desktop-powerpc.iso"
	md5sums_url="http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/MD5SUMS";
	;;
alternate)
	zsync_url="http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily/current/quantal-alternate-powerpc.iso.zsync";
	iso_filename="quantal-alternate-powerpc.iso"
	md5sums_url="http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily/current/MD5SUMS";
	;;
*)
	echo "usage: $0 [alternate|desktop]"
	exit
	;;
esac

# grab the iso
wget $zsync_url -O $iso_filename

# a. grab the MD5SUMS file
# b. get the md5sum of the iso, excluding the filename
# c. find the appropriate md5sum in the MD5SUMS file, excluding the filename
# d. compare 2,3 and report success or failure
wget $md5sums_url
if [ $(md5sum $iso_filename | awk '{print $1}') == $(grep powerpc MD5SUMS | awk '{print $1}') ];
then
	echo "iso passes"
else
	echo "iso fails"
	exit
fi

# copy the iso the cd
# if you have more than one cd drive you might want to use df to figure out which specific one to write to
dd if=$iso_filename of=/dev/cdrom

# a. just like in 2b above, get the md5sum of the iso
# b. use a large block size for dd that the isos should always be divisible by to speed up the process
# c. make sure to divide the iso size by the block size for dd's count
# d. using b,c get the md5sum of the cdrom
# e. compare a,d and report sucess or failure
if [ $(md5sum $iso_filename | awk '{print $1}') == $(dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=$(ls -l | grep $iso_filename | echo $(awk '{print $5}')/2048 | bc -l) | md5sum) ];
then
	echo "disc passes"
else
	echo "disc fails"
fi

i should note, this is probably useful to qa in general.

wxl