Re: b43 (broadcom) WiFi

It's come to me knowledge that b43-fwcutter is a FIRMWARE cutter which is to say it doesn't include the firmware. I believe someone mentioned this recently and it's also in the Broadcom wiki page [1]. So a connection is still required in order to download the firmware itself. This involves two files [2,3] and I'm not sure if installing b43-fwcutter actually downloads the latest or simply the two files mentioned the wiki. I can tell you for sure that I don't get wireless capacity with 20120926. So maybe take it off the TODO list after all ;)

wxl

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx
[2] http://downloads.openwrt.org/sources/wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o
[3] http://mirror2.openwrt.org/sources/broadcom-wl-4.150.10.5.tar.bz2