Re: [ppc] old news on 20120926

On 09/28/2012 01:47 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> I have been asked to ensure that PPC server edition does get a full
> suite of tests once we hit RC status, I will remind people of this
> when it is needed.

At least I did (and reported) 3 of the Ubuntu Server PPC test cases for
Quantal Beta2 -- better than nothing :)

The short (and often midweek) test windows are difficult for me to deal
with, all it takes is some "real work" pressure for a couple of days at
"just the wrong time", and it can be hard for me to do much (or any) QA
testing before the time window closes.  Server needs 19 tests (15
mandatory and 4 run-once)... that's rather a lot to expect one person to
do in a couple of evenings!

Anything that can give us slightly longer testing windows would be a
real help for me, and I suspect for other testers also.  The good news
is that the loaner PPC hardware I have on my desk is "mine" until after
12.10 official release date, so at least I expect to have something to
test Ubuntu Quantal PPC on when RC hits.

Incidentally, I suspect Ubuntu Server testcase SWI-011 (Virtualization
Host) is not going to work too well on PPC -- it asks the tester to
check their hardware is KVM compatible using either an Intel or AMD
kernel module.  I therefore recommend that this test not be required for
PPC hardware :)

Jonathan