Re: Fwd: lubuntu powerpc desktop 20120928 SUCCESS

hiyas,

As you were not in #ubuntu-testing this evening, let me give a quick
update. the nVidia kernel fix does not fix all nVidia cards. In fact, we
had a really crazy situation where the current Lubuntu iso works fine, but
the Ubuntu one does not. As this bug was not PPC specific, but seen on a
couple of other flavours and archs, I'd fight to my last breath against any
inclination that would make it a  'NO GO' for Lubuntu 12.10 PPC.

for the X-org issue, I agree 100% with asking Colin to make a link to the
PPCFAQ area. As you say, it is easily fixed. The L-PPC people are being
asked to check your ever so simple solution on the X-org bug [1]. You never
know, maybe, just maybe, #ubuntu-x will get fed up of being nagged to death
and include what is a simple fix (Like yourself, I'm not going to hold my
breath!).

Thanks,

Phill.
1.