Re: [PPC] need help to get 12.10 release!

On 10/09/2012 02:55 PM, ∅ wrote:

>         Option     "NoAccel"	"True"

> I have not yet tried nouveau.noaccel=1 (this is the same as that
> Option "No Accel" "True" line) by itself with live to see if that
> would work, but my guess is that it would not. That's not the magic
> that made it work, it's what made it better, post-install. Maybe with
> nomodeset, but I'm guessing still no.

> That's what I got so far. Maybe Johnathan could offer a helping hand,
> as he's got the same card.

I'm busy with both work and other commitments at the moment, and I was
very discouraged by the idea that what we have now is the best we should
expect... I've had some sort of meeting or event on my calendar every
single evening this week, two on some evenings... that makes finding
time for Lubuntu troubleshooting difficult!

I just tried booting from a 2012-10-01 Lubuntu PPC desktop livecd and
neither

  live nouveau.noaccel=1

or

  live nomodeset nouveau.accel=1

do what we need.  The first never gets me to a GUI at all, the second
gets me to the unusable 4bit desktop we have been seeing recently.

Jonathan