Re: Chromium

Le 05/11/2012 01:08, Phill Whiteside a écrit :
From memory, most of the updates I see for Chromium are not 'feature' updates. The ones I see are security updates for when vulnerabilities have been found and are available? I'm not sure how such upstream patches are applied for, say, FireFox that are released by mozilla foundation?
There are "features" updates, but it's tricky. Both Firefox and Chromium do release with include both security updates, and features updates. In this case, you can't just take the security items and package them, you are forced to do the entire update. That's why new versions of Firefox and Chromium are SRUed, even if it's a new release. It's an exception in the SRU process.

You know much more about this area, are CVE updates normal SRU's or security team driven?
Security updates are driven by the security team, but it's only for packages in main. In universe (for example, Chromium), they do what they can (no guaranty).

Regards,
Julien Lavergne