Re: Chromium

Thanks boss,

I'm just downloading a 'clean' 12.10 iso to run in VM so I can just check
to see if update in Quantal is pulling in the newer Chromium, or it is the
PPA. Latest from that dev PPA is
chromium-browser_23.0.1271.1~svn20120922r157674-0ubuntu1 So, there is
deffinatley a newer one available. Is this 'newer' one that has the ubuntu
'tag' on it that needs forwarding to be SRU'd?

As Far as I can check, the one in Lubuntu 12.10 is
22.0.1229.94~r161065-0ubuntu1
I don't know what the 'svn' and 'r' bits mean, I just go off the 1st part
for version / sub-version number.

Sorry to bother you, I'm trying to get my head around how this numbering
sequence works and the meaning of the ubuntu1 tag on them.