Re: changes to release cycle.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/3/7 Phill Whiteside <PhillW@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

>> As to asking someone for a YES / NO answer as to if 13.04 will happen, I
>> still struggle to see how I was 'rude'.
>>

> *I can't talk for Ubuntu, but for Lubuntu we are going to release 13.04,
> as most of the flavors will do.  When I do a schedule, I like to stay on
> track during all the schedule. We decided 6 month ago to do a 13.04, I
> consider we have to do this release. What Canonical want to do with their
> flavor (Ubuntu) is their problem, not our.*
>
> I hope I answered your question. We will still have a lot of discussions
> after 13.04 to see how we will handle the new model of development proposed
> by Canonical, but let release this version first :-)
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

I like what you wrote, Julien and I do hope nothing from whatever they are
doing or planning to do will affect us, at least now.
Thanks, that is a relief :)

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/6/13 10:44 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> > And for those who don't have facebook and can't read the whole text as
> > there is "See More" link, here is the whole text.
>
> Thanks.  Future discussions could instead be on a forum that would allow
> anyone to participate.  Back in the day I would have suggested Usenet,
> but the options now are a mailing list, IRC (ick), or the Ubuntu Forum.
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

You welcome :)
Social Networks are platforms we can't ignore. Many Ubuntu Members are
using Twitter, Facebook or Blogs to publish some news, etc. Jono (
https://www.facebook.com/jonobacon?fref=ts) posted about that and Phill
asked him and the discussion went with many posts.

For me being the guy of Communications, I was thinking a lot to have one
platform where everyone can discuss but that is so hard to achieve.
Everyone has his/her own preferences and those who like the Mailing List,
hate Facebook for example and those who like IRC, hate the Forum and the
endless story go on and on.

Thanks to Phill for sharing that with us. It is really important to keep
everyone in the loop and again, without everyone's effort here, we would go
with the wind :)

--
*Best Regards,
amjjawad*