Re: Zsync

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013, at 04:31 PM, Jose Lopez wrote:

> Ok I found it. Zsync did put it in the /home , but it made it's own
> file. now I'm going to make a copy for testing. Q. should I erase the
> one on my /home/jose/iso, and replace it with this one?

You should decide where you want the ISO.  /home/jose/iso/ is fine. You
should cd into that directory, and then run zsync in there, so that is
where it stores the ISO file.  You can then delete all other copies of
it from other places, so they do not confuse you, and so they do not
waste disk space.

> Zsync must do something that will recognize it's own, and for some
> reason it did not recognized the one I had in their. Q do I need to
> put a "s" on that directory file name (Like) /home/jose/isos?

It doesn't matter, you can use any name you like for the directory. Just
use the *same* name every time you use zsync, so you update the copy you
already have, and do not start a new one each time.  So you probably
want to do something like

  cd /home/jose/iso
  zsync
  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily-live/current/raring-desktop-amd64.iso.zsync

in a terminal window, each time you want to update this ISO.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx