Re: [CALL FOR TESTING] - IMPORTANT NOTE

Hi Lars,

1) Lubuntu desktop ppc is in the queue to build

2) (15:14:29) phillw: cjwatson: the current alternate image for lubuntu ppc
is over 700MB and won't fit on a CD, I *think* Julien mentioned that it had
more than one kernel set on it (and I guess, possibly the desktop image).
could you have a look and see if you can put it (or them) onto a crash
diet. Many thanks.
(15:15:36) xnox: phillw: cjwatson: multiple kernels is intended feature of
powerpc images in raring to support all the hardware BenC is working on.
(15:16:09) xnox: however, I don't know if we can drop some of them for
lubuntu/powerpc combo....
(15:16:28) xnox: phillw: is there no dvd drive available?
(15:16:51) phillw: xnox: not for all the elderly ppc macs, and some cannot
boot from usb.
(15:18:15) cjwatson: phillw: I'm happy to help integrating patches from
others, but don't plan to work on it myself; experience suggests it can
take a while

I'm not too sure where this will lead, but I do suggest at least raising a
bug report for the matter.