Need for USB stick access for ISO testing? (was: Re: How to test with low RAM and just one CPU core)

Phill,

I'm moving this sub-thread to lubuntu-qa.

On 06/01/2013 11:57 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> With respect to using the extras package in VBox, it is my
> understanding that the extra package is needed to access usb devices
> in order to boot from.

I just looked through the list of test cases at

  http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/series/37/testsuites

and did not see anything that looks at first glance like a "boot from
USB stick" test case.  I read the Lubuntu ones in more depth, and still
did not see any that require a USB stick.

So, did I miss something, or is the Extension Pack not actually needed
at all for doing (L)ubuntu ISO testing using VirtualBox?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Follow ups