Re: [LTS] I'm very confused

Phill,

Thank you for your 2nd reply :)

I'm aware of that difference and this is exactly what I tell the new comers
to Lubuntu. You are not talking to one of them, by the way. I'm not an
expert but let's say I'm an average user in the middle of the road, neither
a beginner, nor an expert.

What I was looking for is, as per your statement:

As long as Lubuntu 12.04 will NOT receive ANY updates for PCManFM nor LX
packages, then we CAN NOT call it an LTS, correct?
Lubuntu 14.04 should be receiving these for 5 years.

Okay, that we understand.

Now, because the rules did not allow us to have an LTS version for 12.04,
we couldn't go for it. NOT really because we don't have enough people?
because the same people who worked on 12.04 will work on 14.04, am I right?
correct me if I'm wrong or missing something :)

And ...
You just proved that LXLE, for example, is NOT an LTS version. I have told
you that before and you insisted it is an LTS version.
Thanks to Steve who confirmed it is just a claim by its creator.

So, the ONLY way for me or anyone else to have an LTS release is to keep
sending the necessary updates for ALL the parts/packages of that system. If
ONE package will NOT receive any update, that will defeat the concept of
LTS and that release will NOT be an LTS :) am I right?

And having all the above said ...
Why do we still keep Lubutnu 10.04? I know, please don't tell me because it
supports the old hardware that Ubuntu dropped the support for with the
newer releases. If Lubuntu 10.04 is out of date and there is a risk to use
it because SOME of the LX packages or all of these packages are not
receiving any update?

And again, Lubuntu 12.04 once 13.10 will be release, it will reach its EOL,
correct? then we should stop asking people to use it 'after' that date,
correct?

Once I get the answers to ALL these doubts that I have (YES, doubts - I'm
aware of all what you said), I won't be lost anymore.

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply my confused and doubts Qs.