Re: [LTS] I'm very confused

Hi,

if any packages do not receive updates (i.e. Support), it is mis-leading to
call it Long Term Support.

10.04 is there PRECISELY because of the dropping of Chip-Sets after it. It
does not receive updates to desktop applications, I'm not 100% on kernels,
as they are part of server - which is still supported). People using the
browser have to make their own arrangements for getting updates.

The list of when things go EoL can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases As the support time from 13.04 onwards for
desktop systems is now only 9 months, 12.10  will actually be supported
after 13.04 goes EoL (This is due to the change in support times for
desktops).