Re: ubuntu-support-status

On 06/05/2013 08:08 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> Maybe raise a bug that says "you have zero supported packages" instead
> of just dying?

But they won't backport the fix to Lucid :)

Actually this app is more than a little scary in its tight
Canonical-oriented definition of "supported".  If you do

  ubuntu-support-status

on Lubuntu Raring 13.04, it says you have 139 unsupported packages.  And
if you run

  ubuntu-support-status --show-unsupported

you see that they are all the Lubuntu ones, including lubuntu-desktop.

So I don't think this app is a particularly helpful thing for naive
users to use to determine whether their system is supported or not...
we'll end up having to explain why stuff in current Lubuntu (but not
officially supported by Canonical support contracts) is "supported
enough"!  Ugh.

Jonathan