Planned work for Lubuntu 13.04 (was: Re: [Suggestion] Having another version for Lubuntu (Mini Lubuntu))

On 06/05/2013 05:27 AM, Erick Brunzell wrote:

> I'm a bit concerned after reading this:
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/possible-changes-in-ubunu-1310-saucy.html

> * better file manager that includes support for ssh/ftp;

That list looks like it came from the vUDS blueprint?

> I don't care much about artwork, and I'd love to see us adopt Firefox
> rather than Chromium, but I'd hate to see us drop PCManFM because I
> detest Thunar and Nautilus is a mess right now.

Fear not!  No-one is seriously suggesting dropping pcmanfm, as far as I
know.

Pcmanfm *already* has support for ssh://192.168.1.1 and
ftp://192.168.1.1 style file access!  Try it in Lubuntu Raring 13.04!
So whoever added that item is not all that well versed in pcmanfm usage,
never mind pcmanfm development.  Pcmanfm just doesn't make it easy to
discover those capabilities by *only* clicking pretty buttons -- you
have to type in the ssh:// or ftp:// address to make it work, as far as
I know -- but when you do that, it works fine.

Jonathan