Re: ubuntu-support-status

On 06/06/2013 02:56 AM, Yorvyk wrote:

> I think it just needs wording a bit better.
>
> "Community maintained packages not officially supported by Canonical"

Ok, so how would it distinguish between an old package no longer
supported by Canonical, a nice new package the community supports, an
old community-maintained package the community no longer supports, and a
commercial package the user paid hundreds of dollars for and knows he
has paid 24x7 suport for?  A combination of all of those might by
installed on one machine at the same instant :)

All this tool can do is distinguish "this is something Canonical
officially supports right now?" or "this is something else".  You can't
safely label all of the "something else" as "community maintained
packages", I don't think.

Jonathan