solution to be implemented?

[image: Quote] Originally Posted by *sudodus*
Yuri (wdwp) <https://launchpad.net/%7Ewdwp> wrote on 2013-05-15:
#6<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/1165200/comments/6>

I installed python-gudev and gir1.2-gudev-1.0 packages. usb-creator-gtk
works.

in comment #6 of
http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/ub...r/+bug/1165200<http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/1165200>

Others wrote that it is enough with gir1.2-gudev-1.0

I tried that in Lubuntu 13.04 and it was possible to run
*usb-creator-gtk*and make a live disk. It was also possible to make a
casper-rw partition
*manually* (according to your advice), add the boot option persistent
(temporary) and have persistence. I did *not* manage to make it work with
the built-in persistence. There was an error, and the bootloader was not
copied to the USB drive, so the USB drive was dead.

-o-

Then I tried with *usb-creator-kde* and it worked out of the box.

-o-

I installed python-gudev, but I thought there was nother bug too in *
usb-creator-gtk*

I'm testing in a 5 year old desktop computer with an ASUS mobo and a dual
core AMD 4400+ 64-bit CPU (but I stick to the 32-bit Lubuntu 13.04 iso
file).

-o-

The first attempt after installing python-gudev and updating/upgrading, *
usb-creator-gtk* worked as well as the kde rival But this was only one
single test. So it seems the comment by Yuri was correct. The comments that
only one of the packages was necessary were incorrect (it fixed only the
live part, not the persistence).

I hope some of you will also test *usb-creator-gtk* including *persistence*.
I am going to make some noise about this, trying to get a working version
at least in Saucy, but I hope it will also trickle down into 13.04.

Best regards
sudodus alias Nio