Re: usb-creator-gtk fails to run on lubuntu13.04 beta 2, launchpad bug 1165200

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013, at 09:02 AM, nio wiklund wrote:

>  The startup disk creator alias usb-creator-gtk is used to create a
>  persistent live USB drive in the Lubuntu iso test case 'Live
>  Session'. We need it to run the iso testing. Who can tell the devs
>  that there is a solution to be implemented?

Looks like the workaround is

  sudo apt-get install gir1.2-gudev-1.0

and so the fix is to add gir1.2-gudev-1.0 to the Recommends: line of the
usb-creator debian/control file for usb-creator-gtk .

But that isn't based on testing of the resulting USB images... just on
verifying that adding this allows the program to run :)

Julien: Can we add gir1.2-gudev-1.0 to the Lubuntu Saucy ISO so testers
can then verify whether that is indeed a sufficient fix for this issue?

For info see https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1165200

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden