Re: Lubuntu IRC Meetings

On 06/10/2013 12:33 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> As far as I know, the idea will once again be to allow the various
> teams in lubuntu to update each other on what is going on, the logs of
> which people can then read. The teams have different mailing lists, so
> unless you are subscribed to all of them there can be gaps on what
> people know is going on / being planned.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> On 10 June 2013 17:01, Erick Brunzell <lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:lbsolost@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/10/2013 09:27 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
>     > +1
>     >
>     Hi Phill. I was waiting for you to reply :^)
>
>     I won't be there because IRC chat moves too fast for me, so I'm
>     kind of
>     neutral on the whole idea.
>
>     I am curious though ............. can anyone point to anything
>     that was
>     actually accomplished by past sessions of this nature?
>
>     Lance
>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw
Well, without an actual Lubuntu "dev" team is chit-chat worth anymore
than just chatting?

Please - everyone - understand that I'm trying to only be helpful :^)

Some people actually troll sites just looking for comments that they can
use to fuel controversy :^(

An example would be Ali's assessment of LXLE:

https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg02678.html

Since neither Canonical or Lubuntu dev are involved in the support of
LXLE we can't really say what their support cycle is. The same would be
true of Mint's LXDE version, etc :^)

My vote by proxy always goes to either Julien or Jonathan because when
push comes to shove they are the ones that get things done.

Lance