Re: [LTS] I'm very confused

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/6/5 Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > An excellent explanation here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS
> Especially this part :
> "The LTS designation applies only to specific subsets of the Ubuntu
> archive. The LTS may not apply to all flavors and remixes of Ubuntu.
> For example, for 8.04 LTS, Kubuntu chose to move to KDE 4.0 and didn't
> issue an LTS release. In 10.04, the Netbook Edition was not an LTS.
> The project will decide which flavors will be LTS and the support
> duration for each, early in the LTS development cycle. "

Hi,

Very well, Julien. I did read that paragraph and I guess I'm having a
better understanding :)

> Not only you have to support it for 3 or 5 years, but you also have to
> validate the decision to be LTS with the Tech Board. It means :
> - Only official flavors can be call LTS
> - Even if you want it, you still have to pass the Tech Board to
> decision to be a LTS. They may refuse the proposal.
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

Having that said, LXLE is NOT an LTS release/system, period.
Lubuntu 12.04 is NOT an LTS release, period.

Your replies are always helpful and needed ;)

Thank you so much!

--
*Best Regards,*
*amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/>*