Re: Test Cycle

On 06/11/2013 08:32 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi,
> that teach me not to read the full email!
>
> All of the alphas and betas are 'opt in'. A flavour could start at
> Release Canditate if they wanted. Julien is quite entitled to say that
> he does not want to subscribe to any alpha / beta release. He is the
> boss and it would not seem 'odd' to outsiders. they're too busy
> working out their own schedules. That is why the schedule[1] states
> that it is "Opt In".
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
> 1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaucySalamander/ReleaseSchedule

Actually all of the Alphas and only Beta 1 are opt-in :^)

The final Beta which will be released on September 26th, and the
absolute final images which will be released on October 17th are
required by Canonical.

In a PM Nicholas indicated that a couple of the other flavors were
"opting" for only Alpha 1 and the Beta 1. That might make sense. I do
think we should at least have an Alpha 1 so we can mention any
installation bugs in the release notes. I say that because the installer
team really left us hanging for a few months until final testing in Raring.

But ultimately Julien will have the best idea when his planned changes
are going to hit the repos so which of those "opt-in" test cycles will
best serve the project are up to him.

Lance