Re: [Saucy] - LigthDM

On 13/06/13 13:32, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
Hi,

I'm sure we had this discussion some time before. However, IMHO,
this might be a good time to re-discuss this, if I may of course and
so sorry if this is a repeated issue.

Long story short, can we drop LightDM in favor of another lighter
Manager? don't have a screenshot right now but some friends
confirmed that 20MB? cab be saved/spared without LightDM? I'm sorry,
can't find the source of such info but I'm just wondering so don't
shoot me!

I have nothing in mind, this is an open discussion!

Will that 20MB saving actually show anything discernible to the user?
Are any other DMs well maintained within the 'buntu community? The fact
that something uses 20MB less memory doesn't necessarily mean it's
lighter, CPU usage also has to be considered.

--

Steve