MIR (Ubuntu Display Server) - Should we be worried?

Hi,

http://unity.ubuntu.com/mir/

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Leszek Lesner <leszek.lesner@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The biggest issue I see currently is the switch of Ubuntu to Mir and the
> consequences it might bear for Lubuntu.
> As only Unity will be officially supported by Mir and Kubuntu also said that
> they won't support Mir. The only option we at Lubuntu are left behind with are
> Wayland (which will not get full support in Ubuntu) and Xorg (which will be
> unmaintained I suppose)
>
> I usually don't link to phoronix as they mostly post crap but this news item
> is a comprehensive summary of my concern:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTM4OTU
>
> The only possible solution I could currently think of is hoping for a fast and
> good qt switch of LXDE and a good supported or somehow by the kubuntu guys
> managed wayland backend. (qt5 is wayland compatible so lxde-qt should work
> without any big issues)
>
> Just my 2 cents

I know everyone know is almost busy with some tasks (including me) but
before I forget about this, I thought to start a new thread about it.

--

"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Best Regards,
amjjawad
Start Ubuntu

Test Machine: ASUS F3F Laptop - Intel Core Duo T2350 @ 1.86GHz with 489MB RAM