Re: zRAM for the Alternate Install?

Phill,

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 04:49 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> as the desktop installer now seems to be pretty much working on 256Mb
> RAM machines, we do hit a point where the applications (browser, etc)
> will take a machine with less than 256 Mb RAM 'over the edge'.

We don't yet know that.  Historically the ubiquity installer has been
more RAM-hungry than basic application use in Lubuntu.  zRAM *may* be
changing that, but only testing will allow us to know.

I think that if it is straightforward to add zRAM to the Alternate
Installer, we should try it.  If we end up with an Lubuntu install that
works, but in which about all you can do is run LXTerminal... maybe
we'll decide not to leave it there :)  But let's find out, unless it is
costly (in developer time) to do so.

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden